How to write a cover letter?!
Writing a cover letter is a very important part of your professional life. More than a million companies across the world require a cover letter for a job application. On a serious note, some employers do not even look into your CV before going through the cover letter. It is all about the cover letter,you really need to impress the employer by your cover letter ,perhaps this is why you need to spend time creating an impressive and ‘to the point’ cover letter for a job application.
So now that you know about how important a cover letter is for your career ahead, lets move on and talk about how to write a cover letter.
REMEMBER: Write an impressive cover letter
How to write a cover letter – top 5 things to know about!
You can write a perfect cover letter if you put your brains together and spend a quality time in producing an impressive cover letter. Do not worry if you feel stuck or confused about where to start. We have a quick guide on how to write a cover letter.
Here are top 5 things to know about when writing a cover letter for your job application.Try to apply these top five tips into your cover letter for a more organized feeling and appearance.
- Salutation: What exactly is a salutation? Basically salutation is when you address somebody in a letter or email. When you write a cover letter, salutation is the first thing yo will write and it is very important for the reader. So try to use it in your cover letter.
- Know what to write in the first paragraph: Write about the job title your are applying for and how you got to know about that particular job.Make it short just 1-2 sentences.
- Break the body of the letter into 2-3 paragraphs: Write about your work experience,why you chose the specific company and you can also include why you think you are qualified for the position you are applying for.
- Know how to write the last paragraph: This is the closing paragraph and you can mention here that you look forward to their response. You can also mention here how you would like to be contacted( by email or by phone) . Moreover, you can even add to it when you will be available for interview. Towards the end of the paragraph say that you have attached the resume/reference letter/letter of experience.
- How to end your cover letter: Lastly, end the cover letter by saying “Thank You” or “Sincerely” followed by your name types in full.
How to write a cover letter- Common mistakes that should be avoided
Have a sneak peak into some of the most common mistakes people do when writing a common letter,and make sure not to make those mistakes when you write your own cover letter!
- Writing too much: A long cover letter makes the reader bored.
- Writing a too short cover letter
- Underestimating your talents in the cover letter.
- Attempt to write a humorous cover letter
- Sending without proofreading the letter.