Writing a Registered Nurse Sample Resume
A nursing resume needs to contain medical vocabulary and important terms that are commonly used in this profession. The duties of a Registered Nurse is not only confined to the patients only but also to the patient’s families. The duties of a nurse are also to spread the message to the community regarding general health education. Just similar to the oDesk Recruiter Sample Resume your Registered Nurse Sample Resume has to have all the experience that you have in the past.
A registered nurse also has to perform tests and analyze results. Besides this, a nurse also has to record the history of the patient and symptoms and deliver medication. An RN also has to also has to provide ample guidance regarding exercise and diet. RNs usually work in hospitals. They may also work in the offices of doctors, nursing homes, schools, business houses and other locations too. An RN has to monitor the requirements of a patient and also the surgical schedules.
Preparing Your Registered Nurse Sample Resume
The contact details like your name and contact information should be mentioned on the top of the resume. You may include your name in a large font size than the address below.
You also need to mention a telephone number when you can be contacted at during day time and also a personal email address.
Some employers like to view the Objective or Profile at the beginning of the resume and it should contain the aims and objectives. It has to be specific and to the point and it is an important place on the top of your resume and it is highly possible that it would catch the attention of the reader in just a short moment of time. You should make it a point to utilize it to portray the benefits you can provide to your employer.
You also need to include a short summary highlighting your sphere of expertise. In this way you can exhibit your skills to your recruiter. The skills that are associated directly with your area of specialty are:
- Extensive care for ill patients
- Management methods for diabetics
- Therapy in the workplace
- Radiation treatments and follow-ups for cancer patients
- You need to highlight qualities like patience, sympathy, focus on duty, ability to work under stress and these are very essential in a Registered Nurse Sample Resume.
- There should be use of active verbs like directed, monitored, managed, accomplished and maintained to tell about your achievements in different roles of an RN.
- You need to mention all your qualifications in reverse order and also mention the town, state and date where they are required. You may also indicate Specialist honors in the resume. It is also desirable that you add your details of certifications in your RN professional resume.
Did you find what you are looking for? We have a new service where we write a sample resume download just for you.