The major responsibility of a Medical Billing Specialist is to create bills for the purpose of reimbursement for those patients who require medical insurance. Another term that can be used for billing specialists is medical billers. The resume that is meant for a medical biller is the one that exhibits your in-depth knowledge regarding the billing and medical coding which will create an everlasting impression on the employer. It is a known fact that hiring managers prefer resumes and cover letters that outline the specific needs. You need to make your resume in such a ways so as to suit the company’s need. Following is a Billing Specialist Resume Sample that shows how expert you are in the area of medical billing and coding. It will surely create a deep impact on your recruiting manager. It is generally seen that employers opt for those resumes that outline exact specifications. You have to alter your present resume according to the liking of your recruiting manager in order to brighten up your chances for a job interview.
Real Billing Specialist Resume Sample:
First name Last Name
XYZ Main Highway, City, State XXXXX
Call (000) 000-0000
OBJECTIVE Need a medical billing specialist position in a renowned company by making use of the expertise to make sure accuracy, precision and high quality completion of the transactions.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Working as a Medical Billing Specialist for more than six year
- Immense expertise in maintenance of relations with clients, patients and providers
- Adept knowledge regarding medical terminology
- Ability to review in-depth invoices
- Able to conduct data verification of specific individuals on the plan
- Expert in Medicaid and Medicare HIPAA Regulations
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Proficiency in CPT/ICD-9
- Collected relevant documentation for submission of claims
- Achieved success in coding of 200 claims in a day due to backlog created by absentees
- Received the Employee of the Week award in the year 2008 for devotion and positivity with respect to the attitude in the work timings
- Actively prepared all the medical claims for billing and inputting into an electronic billing software that is Softaid.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE Billing Specialist | XYZ Outsourcing | March 2013 – July 2014
- Made sure that the submission of all the bills is in a timely and precise manner
- Verification of all the paper claims with respect to the precision and completion prior to submitting
- Preparation and processing of refunds
- Management of accounts received
- Replying to queries from both internal and external parties
- Making follow up calls on both denials and claims that are not paid
EDUCATION Obtained a Bachelor Degree in Billing and Coding – 2010 XYZ College – City, State CPGA – 3.50 SPECIAL SKILLS
- In-depth knowledge of all the coding rules
- Familiarity with commercial insurances and private carriers
- Practical experience in ERA and EDI posting processes
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Proactive and extraordinary telephone skills
Do you have any questions for Billing Specialist Resume Sample?
Did find what you are looking for? We have a new service where we write a sample resume download just for you.
You may share this Billing Specialist Sample Resume. Did you enjoy reading this resume sample?